Southern Minn. man dies from CO poisoning - Bring Me The News

Southern Minn. man dies from CO poisoning

Author:
Publish date:

A WWII veteran died after he and his best friend were overcome by carbon monoxide in southern Minnesota Monday afternoon.

The Le Sueur County Sheriff's Office says 90-year-old Tony Kaisershot and 83-year-old Clayton Block were winterizing a tractor in a closed garage near Le Center before they became unconscious.

The Mankato Free Press says Kaisershot died at the scene and Block was airlifted to the Hennepin County Medical Center where he's listed in satisfactory condition.

KEYC reports the 90-year-old veteran was very active with the Le Center color guard. Kaisershot was married to his wife, Violet, for 69 years. He and Block were best friends.

KEYC - Mankato News, Weather, Sports -

Next Up

Related

Apple co-founder Steve Jobs has died

The Associated Press is reporting Apple co-founder Steve Jobs has died after a long struggle with pancreatic cancer. He was 56. Jobs abruptly stepped down as CEO of Apple in August. There was speculation then that his health was deteriorating.