St. Paul house fire displaces 15 people

Author:
Updated:
Original:

A house fire in St. Paul early Sunday afternoon caused significant damage and displaced 15 people who were living there, according to fire department officials.

The fire in a duplex at 144 Robie St. was caused by oil that was left cooking on a stove, officials said.

KSTP reports that all the occupants escaped safely and none were injured. The Red Cross is helping them find temporary housing.

According to the fire department, careless cooking is the leading cause of house fires.

Next Up

Related