Target's Neiman Marcus collection fizzles, prices cut

Author:
Updated:
Original:

In a marked change from previous special-offer designer collections at Target, this year's Neiman Marcus collection is not flying off the shelves.

Target has now slashed prices by 50 percent on the goods created by 24 notable designers under the Neiman Marcus label, the Star Tribune reports.

It's been almost three weeks since the splashy unveiling of the Neiman products, but most of them remain on the shelves at Target, and available online, the Pioneer Press reports. "I guess I was looking forward to a much cooler offering from these designers," Maivneng Yang, a senior fashion student at the University of Minnesota, told the newspaper.

It's been a notable change from the website-crashing demand that overwhelmed Target when it offered a line of Missoni products last year.

Target officials have said its not fair to compare the Neiman and Missoni collections. The store offered far more inventory on the Neiman line to better meet demand than in past special-collection rollouts.

Next Up

Antoine Winfield Jr.

Watch: Gopher alums Antoine Winfield Jr., Tyler Johnson make key plays in Bucs' playoff win

The Minnesota greats had a pair of highlights as Tampa Bay advanced to the NFC Championship.

Er-hgw7XYAQup5n

Crews respond to fire at Gertens in Inver Grove Heights

It's reported that a greenhouse on the grounds was on fire.

Marcus Carr

Why the Gophers could be in line for a high seed in the NCAA Tournament

The Gophers are done with a brutal stretch and are poised to make a run.

police tape

Authorities ID man fatally struck by 'errant bullet' in Willmar

The man was working in his garage when he was fatally shot.

ambulance

1 dead, 1 critically injured in head-on crash on Highway 169

The State Patrol says driving impaired may have been a factor in the crash.

Richard Pitino

Gophers game against Nebraska postponed due to COVID outbreak

The Cornhuskers have had 12 members of its team test positive for COVID-19.

Bob Kroll

What Minneapolis Police Lt. Bob Kroll said in Sunday radio interview

Kroll said that once he's retired he'll go "radio silent."

coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, covid-19

Here is Minnesota's COVID update for Sunday, January 17

The health department provides updates daily at 11 a.m.

Sen. Julia Coleman

'No one's business': State senator calls out attack on her pregnancy

Sen. Julia Coleman represents Minnesota's District 47.

Related