A teenage boy is in critical condition in the hospital after being electrocuted and then falling 30 feet from an old bridge.
He grabbed a live wire to stop himself from falling, electrocuting himself and causing him to fall 30 feet to the bridge decking.
Sartell police say they found him unresponsive on the bridge, on Sartell Street, at around 9:18 p.m. Wednesday, and had to climb over beams and metal pipe to reach him.
He was with five of his friends at the time, who all said he had climbed to the top of the old bridge and was walking across when he grabbed the wire.
Police say emergency responders managed to get his pulse going again at the scene and he was taken to the emergency center at St. Cloud Hospital, before being airlifted to Hennepin County Medical Center via helicopter.
The Star Tribune has identified the boy as Daniel Fleigle, and reports he remains in critical condition at the hospital.