Skip to main content

Unattended cooking causes fire fatality

  • Author:
  • Updated:
    Original:

A St. Paul man is dead after his kitchen caught fire early this morning. KARE 11 reports food was was cooking in the kitchen when the fire started.

St. Paul Firefighters were called to the duplex on the 1900 block of Upper Afton Rd. after neighbors reported seeing smoke. They found an unresponsive man in a rear bedroom. He was taken to Regions Hospital where he died from his injuries.

Fire officials say unattended cooking--the leading cause of building fires--is the cause.

This is the first fatal fire in St. Paul this year.

Next Up

basketball unsplash stock

North St. Paul basketball cancels Eden Prairie game after opposing coach's reinstatement

Head Coach Cornelius Gilleylen said he let his players decide amongst themselves.

Pixabay - school - classroom

These are the nominees for 2023 Minnesota Teacher of the Year

Education Minnesota has nominated 131 teachers from across the state.

TyreNicholsGoFundMe

Cities prepare for release of footage showing Tyre Nichols' fatal arrest by Memphis PD

Minneapolis Police Chief Brian O'Hara issued a statement on the incident Thursday.

DeShaun Hill

Cody Fohrenkam found guilty of Deshaun Hill Jr.'s murder

The 15-year-old was fatally shot on Feb. 9, 2022.

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 12.15.23 PM

Gov. Tim Walz proposes $3.3B for aging infrastructure

Walz's borrowing plan comes days after the release of his two-year state budget proposal.

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 8.43.35 AM

Children's Theatre Company actors lose belongings in damaging house fire

The fire broke out Tuesday morning shortly after the dryer had been started.

Flickr - Superior National Forest Boundary Waters

Biden Admin. imposes 20-year mining ban near Boundary Waters

The moratorium is the maximum the Department of the Interior can implement without congressional approval.

Related