For those who have always dreamed of owning a home with its own skyway system, look no further.
The Star Tribune reports there's a big one lurking in Eagan, namely a "Germanic castle" built in 1985 that comes in at 8,200 square feet within a gated compound. It's all yours for $1.695 million.
Probably chump change for owner Steve Rothmeier, former CEO of Northwest Airlines. Actually, Rothmeier hasn't been with the airline for decades, but apparently he's been cold chillin' large in Eagan. To wit, some amenities of "Safari Estates," according to listing agents Barry Berg and Chad Larsen of Coldwell Banker Burnet:
* Five bed, six bath, 2.62 acres
* Two garages with seven bays, and a built in car-wash system
* "Bierstube" inspired amusement room/wet bar
* Elevator shaft accomodations
* Skyway access to carriage house apartment
The pad also has its own chapel, presumably for praying before each month's mortgage payment.