KSTP reports many employers like Best Buy, General Mills and Allina Health are encouraging workers to "phone it in" Monday, and work from home.
The cold is also a problem for some garbage and recycling routes. Waste Management in St. Louis Park reports delays due to problems with its compressed natural gas fleet of trucks.
Rainbow Foods announced it will close at 8 p.m. Monday out of concern for employees and customers.
Metro-area ski hills and skating rinks will also close Monday, including Buck Hill, Afton Alps, Hyland Ski and Welch Village.
MPR News reports the following closures for Monday, in addition to public schools statewide:
• Blake School
• Community Action Head Start
• Cretin-Derham Hall
• Dunwoody College of Technology
• International School of Minnesota
• MacPhail Center for Music
• Mounds Park Academy
• St. Cloud State University
• St. Paul Academy
• South Central Technical College - Faribault and North Mankato
• University of St. Thomas
• Minnesota Zoo
• All Saint Paul Department of Parks and Recreation programs
• Minneapolis Park buildings closed and programs cancelled
• Eden Prairie's outdoor skating and sledding facilities
• Hyland Ski and Snowboard Area
• Downhill skiing at Elm Creek Winter Recreation Area
• Basilica of St. Mary
• St. Catherine University
• Eureka Recycling is canceling Monday pick-up; Rest of schedule pushed back one day
• MRCI WorkSource
WCCO's list of school closings is here.
KARE 11 has an alphabetized list of more than 100 closings that includes churches and community activities on its website, here.