Worker electrocuted at south Minneapolis home - Bring Me The News

Worker electrocuted at south Minneapolis home


A man installing gutters behind a home in south Minneapolis died after being electrocuted last week.

The Star Tribune reports 34-year-old Ryan C. Mastracchio of Plymouth was shocked last Thursday afternoon in the 3200 block of Grand Avenue S. when a gutter he was working on touched a power line.

He was transported to the Hennepin County Medical Center, where he died about an hour later. The county medical examiner ruled the death accidental, KSTP reported.

The Plymouth Patch said Mastracchio was a graduate of Wayzata High School, where he was an all-star football player, and later attended Montana State University. He had three children.

The Star Tribune noted that electrocutions are rare causes of work-related fatalities in Minnesota. Mistracchio's death is the first reported in the state this year and the eighth since 2008.

Next Up