Authorities: Gophers' Reggie Lynch won't face sexual assault charges - Bring Me The News

Authorities: Gophers' Reggie Lynch won't face sexual assault charges

Author:
Publish date:
Image placeholder title

Suspended Minnesota Gophers basketball player Reggie Lynch will not face sexual assault charges.

The Hennepin County Attorney's office and the University of Minnesota Police made the announcement Monday afternoon.

"We have insufficient evidence to prove a crime was committed," said Chuck Laszewski, a spokesman for the county attorney's office told reporters, including the Star Tribune Monday.

Lynch, 21, is a junior. He sat out last year after he transferred to Minnesota from Illinois State. He has been suspended indefinitely since news of his arrest on May 8.

The school has not commented on whether Lynch will be allowed to return to the Gopher basketball team.

https://twitter.com/shipleykid/status/760228172621312000

At 6-foot-10 and 260 pounds, according to The Pioneer Press, Lynch was expected to start for the Gophers before he was arrested. It was one in a string of off-court issues involving Gophers basketball players.

Lynch was the fourth member of the team suspended since February. Kevin Dorsey, Nate Mason and Dupree McBrayer were suspended for the final four games of last season after a sexually explicit video was posted on Dorsey's social media accounts.

All three were reinstated in April, but Dorsey transferred from the program.

Next Up

Related