The State of Hockey did a little showing off at the boys hockey State Tournament by setting an all-time attendance record.
According to the State High School League, 135,618 fans poured in through the gates of Xcel Energy Center and Mariucci Arena to watch the best teams compete for a championship trophy. The previous record was 129,643 in 2008.
The largest crowd was Friday night for a pair of Class 2A semifinal games between Edina and Duluth East and Lakeville North and Eden Prairie. The total of 21,609 was the largest indoor hockey crowd in Minnesota history.
According to the Star Tribune, Saturday's 2A third-place and championship games drew a combined crowd of 19,495.
The Xcel Energy Center is considered sold out with a crowd of 18,064.
Lakeville North and East Grand Forks were crowned state champions.
Here's a day-by-day, class-by-class breakdown of attendance, according to SB Nation.
- Wednesday Afternoon (Class A): 5,381
- Wednesday Evening (Class A): 4,697
- Thursday Afternoon (Class AA): 18,748
- Thursday Evening (Class AA): 19,005
- Friday Afternoon (Class A): 12,487
- Friday Evening (Class AA): 21,609
- Saturday Afternoon (Class A): 9,357
- Saturday Evening (Class AA): 19,495