In today's Top 5: Big AP, little CP, looking ahead to the Illini, the boys in Brooklyn and passing on Dan Haren:
1) The Vikings wasted a big day by Adrian Peterson, only to fall to Seattle, 30-20, Sunday. Minnesota is now 5-4 to open the second half of the NFL season.
2) The goat of the game? Sorry, Christian. But everyone in Minnesota is pondering your move to the bench. At least temporarily.
3) Despite getting hammered by Michigan Saturday, Gophers freshman quarterback Philip Nelson reportedly isn't shaken. Up next: 2-6 Illinois.
4) In Brooklyn tonight, another wild home game is expected for the used-to-be-New Jersey-Nets. The 1-1 Timberwolves will try to spoil the party.
5) Is Dan Harengood enough to make Minnesota's starting rotation? The Twins -- and every other major league team -- haven't bitten yet.