Time for something new at BringMeTheNews.com. We're calling it "Bringin' It"...the most interesting sports storylines at a given moment. Tonight, it's the big Timberwolves-Clippers matchup at Target Center, as Rick Adelman's team tries to stay in the hunt for a playoff spot in the NBA's Western Conference:
1) Blake Griffin versus Kevin Love. In the first quarter, Griffin started strong with six quick points, but Love responded with three threes to give the Wolves an early 13-8 lead. At the end of the game, Love was outplayed Griffin, scoring 39 points and grabbing 17 rebounds...including 5 three-pointers. Griffin had 26 points, 12 rebounds - and three gorilla dunks. Final score? Wolves 95, Clippers 94 in a squeaker.
2) Great piece from Star Tribune Timberwolves beat writer Jerry Zgoda today about Martell Webster perhaps being the starting shooting guard Minnesota needs. Monday night, Webster played 12 minutes, but didn't score. Aside from that, can we just talk about haircuts? Which do you prefer? The mohawk version of today? Or yesterday's cleaner, simpler look?
3) Huge crowd at Target Center tonight in what is arguably the biggest game of the year. The T-Wolves average 17, 175 per game at home -- 11th in the league. But to lure more season ticket holders, the team is revising it's prices -- starting Friday.
4) It's vintage jersey night again, as the Wolves are in their Muskies garb. FSN's Joan Niesen takes a look at the 1967-68 ABA season when the Muskies won 50 games.
5) Speaking of fish stories, how about that clip of Derrick Williams ice fishing on Lake Waconia? Must see TV:
See something we didn't see? Bring it....