The Twins beat the Yankees. The Vikings still don't have a stadium. The Timberwolves can't win a game. It would seem that ONE of those sentences IS PURE FABRICATION. But, no. They're all true:
1) Twins win! And they did it in grand fashion, as Justin Morneau smashed a homer and Carl Pavano cruised to an easy (after he gave up three runs in the first inning) victory last night in the Bronx. Twins 7, Yankees 3.
2) Like their Senate colleagues, a House committee failed to advance the Vikings' stadium proposal last night. Is it time for the Vikes to threaten to leave Minnesota?
3) While no one is actually going anywhere this year (are they?), the Vikings' 2012 regular season schedule will be released today at 6 p.m. The Purple know who they will play, but it's time to assign dates and times.
4) Remember -- oh, say -- five or six weeks ago, when the Timberwolves were in the playoff hunt and March and April looked to be two really fun months on the NBA schedule? As Kansas put it, "Dust in the wind." The Wolves have lost 10 straight.Oh, reminds us of a song:
5) Oh well, at least we have the WNBA champion Minnesota Lynx -- and soon-to-be-superstar, Devereaux Peters.
Fill out my online form.