There is no doubt this will be the best Wednesday ... ever. Here at BMTN, we're calling it "Don Shelby Day," the day when Mr. Shelby joins our statewide radio network. More on that later, but for now, our Top 5 storylines (so far):
1) Vikings want tuna? The New York Post is reporting that Zygi Wilf is putting on a full-court press to hire Bill Parcells as Vikings coach. Believe it. Or not.
2) The Wild season is mercifully down to two games. Thursday against Chicago and Saturday against Phoenix. Last night, it was another one of those shootout losses, as the club missed out on a chance to put a dent in Nashville's playoff positioning.
3) Tonight, it'sWarriors At Wolves Target Center. Yesterday, we made the oh-so-hilarious comment that the fat lady is warming up her voice to announce the end of Minnesota's NBA playoff chances. Another loss tonight and she may as well just belt it out.
4) Yes, we know the Twins season is starting Friday -- and we know who's in, who's out on the 2012 roster. But here's a great link that highlights where former Twins are employed in baseball's minor league system. Which, of course, answers your daily question: What the heck is Butch Wynegar up to?
5) Don Shelby. He's one of us now. And in this space, we say "hooray" by presenting what may be Don's best moment, when he talked about a fella named "Carlos" while doing a bit on David Letterman's show a few years ago:
Fill out my online form.