Wednesday. Hump day. No better mindset for the Minnesota Twins. One win and they're over that 0-162 hump. That story, just one of five storylines on our radar this morning:
1) Since 1961, the Twins have not started a season 0-5. They've gone 0-4 three times (including this year), but zippo in the first five games hasn't happened. If you'd like to see history made against the Angels tonight, plenty of seats are likely available at Target Field. Carl Pavano will take the hill in hopes of silencing L.A.'s bats in hopes that Minnesota's lumber will wake up.
2) The Timberwolves are in Denver tonight, looking to end a season-long six game losing streak. They also have a 22-game losing streak in April, dating back to 2009. If nothing else, Kevin Love, Superstar, vows to "go down swinging."
3) Did you see/hear the Ricky Rubio news conference yesterday? Again,cuter that a bug's ear -- and very polite to the assembled media (especially Sid Hartman). Rubio was pretty firm on his commitment, however, not to set a return date from his leg injury.
4) Speaking of local treasures, Tony Oliva says Ozzie Guillen should stick to baseball -- not politics.
5) Back at Target Field, Angels' star Torii Hunter had a nice chat with the Pioneer Press on how to increase the number of blacks in baseball, something he works tirelessly to accomplish. Hunter also spoke with our friends at www.gamedaygold.com, Monday afternoon after the Angels' 5-1 win over the Twins. Here are Torii's comments, in three separate clips:
[wpaudio url="http://www.bringmethenews.local/wp-content/uploads/Angels-RF-Torii-Hunter-after-Angels-beat-Twins-4-9-12-part-1.mp3" text="Hunter: Part 1" dl="0"]
[wpaudio url="http://www.bringmethenews.local/wp-content/uploads/Angels-RF-Torii-Hunter-after-Angels-beat-Twins-4-9-12-part-2.mp3" text="Hunter: Part 2" dl="0"]
[wpaudio url="http://www.bringmethenews.local/wp-content/uploads/Angels-RF-Torii-Hunter-after-Angels-beat-Twins-4-9-12-part-3.mp3" text="Hunter: Part 3" dl="0"]
Fill out my online form.