The Twins open the season Thursday in Baltimore and their projected lineup is as deep as we've seen in years, and it all starts once again with Brian Dozier leading off.
Projected lineup, according to Rhett Bollinger of TwinsBaseball.com.
- Brian Dozier (R), 2B - .272 AVG, 34 HR, 93 RBI
- Joe Mauer (L), 1B - .305 AVG, 7 HR, 71 RBI
- Miguel Sano (R), 3B - .264 AVG, 28 HR, 77 RBI
- Eddie Rosario (L), LF - .290 AVG, 27 HR, 78 RBI
- Logan Morrison (L), DH - .246 AVG, 38 HR, 85 RBI
- Eduardo Escobar (S), SS - .254 AVG, 21 HR, 73 RBI
- Max Kepler (L), RF - .243 AVG, 19 HR, 69 RBI
- Byron Buxton (R), CF - .253 AVG, 16 HR, 51 RBI
- Jason Castro (L), C - .242 AVG, 10 HR, 47 RBI
It's a lefty-heavy lineup against Orioles ace Dylan Bundy, a right-handed pitcher who went 13-9 with a 4.24 ERA last season.
Left-handed batters hit .261 against Bundy last season while he dominated righties to the tune of a .222 average.
Bundy's dominance coupled with Buxton's struggles against right-handers last season probably explains why he's batting eighth. Buxton hit .242 against righties and .282 against lefties last season, and manager Paul Molitor is on record saying he'll move Buxton up and down the lineup based on matchups.
Jake Odorizzi will be on the mound for the Twins.
First pitch from Baltimore is just after 2 p.m. CT Thursday.