With the Super Bowl on Sunday, it seems everywhere you look there's a new animal testing their powers of prediction.
Will it be the Denver Broncos or the Seattle Seahawks basking in Super Bowl glory tomorrow night?
So why shouldn't Minnesota have a contribution?
Well, Saturday an orangutan with a flair for prognostication picked the Denver Broncos to win the Super Bowl.
WCCO reports Amanda the Orangutan ran into her exhibit at the zoo Saturday and went straight for a pair of boxes, each had a shirt of the two teams in the big game.
After a brief pause, Zoo spokesman Matt Reinartz told WCCO Amanda chose the Broncos box, took out the shirt and put it on her body.
The zoo said the other orangutans (Jambu, Markisa and Jaya) joined her and played with the other football-themed toys.
Amanda is Minnesota's contribution to the craze.
The Wire has put together a list of animals making their selections.
- Eli the ape—who hasn't been wrong since 2006—has chosen the Seattle Seahawks to win.
- Hugh and Buffet, manatees, were split on their decision. Hugh picked the Seattle Seahawks, while Buffett sided with the Denver Broncos.
- The puppies on Animal Planet's Puppy Cam have chosen the Denver Broncos.
- Tyke the raccoon in Scottsbluff, Nebraska has chosen the Denver Broncos.
- Fred the Psychic Bunny has predicted that the Seattle Seahawks will win.
- Kiano, a black rhino from Des Moines, Iowa, has chosen the Denver Broncos.
- Ozzy, a grizzly bear in Montana, has chosen the Denver Broncos.
- Teddy Bear the porcupine, who correctly predicted the last two Super Bowls, has chosen the Seattle Seahawks.
- Murphy and Diablo, both Komodo dragons, have predicted a Denver Broncos victory.
- Princess the Camel, who accurately predicted six of the last seven championships, died on January 14, before she could make her prediction.
- Pancakes, a pot-bellied pig at the Fort Worth Zoo, likes the Seattle Seahawks.