The award comes just one day after the sophomore was named the Big Ten Women's Basketball Player of the Year.
Zahui B. averages 18.5 points, 12.7 rebounds and 4.0 blocks per game for the Gophers this season. She is the lone center and one of three sophomores on the list.
Naismith Trophy semifinalists
- Brittany Boyd, Sr. G California
- Lexie Brown, So. G Maryland
- Nina Davis, So. F Baylor
- Moriah Jefferson, Jr. G Connecticut
- Jewell Loyd, Jr. G Notre Dame
- Kelsey Mitchell, Fr. G Ohio State
- Tiffany Mitchell, Jr. G South Carolina
- Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Sr. F Connecticut
- Breanna Stewart, Jr. F Connecticut
- Amanda Zahui B., So. C Minnesota
Zahui B. has twice been named the ESPNW National Player of the Week she also earned a spot on the Midseason All-America Team and was named the Big Ten Player of the Week four times.
The highlight of the season for the Stockholm, Sweden, native was a 39 point, 29 rebound effort that helped to lift the Gophers to a 93-80 victory over nationally-ranked Iowa at "The Barn."
The university says Zahui is averaging 25.8 points, 16.8 rebounds and 4.3 blocks per game against top-25 teams this season.