Newsday caught up with 37 sports and entertainment celebrities and asked for a Super Bowl prediction. The results were in favor of the Broncos over the Seahawks by a wide margin. Here's a rundown of some of the more famous stars.
- TV star Dr. Oz: Denver
- UFC champion Jon Jones: Denver
- Former WNBA star Lisa Leslie: Denver
- 2014 Miss America Nina Davuluri: Denver
- Hall of Fame running back Marcus Allen: Seattle
- Boxing champion Bernard Hopkins: Denver
- TV personality Regis Philbin: Denver
- Knicks star Carmelo Anthony: Denver
- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban: Denver
- UFC President Dana White: Denver
- Actor Kevin Connolly: Denver
Papa John's owner John Schnatter refused to make a pick. Keep in mind that Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is part-owner of 25 Papa John's stores with Schnatter.
Media freelance writer Rich Kurtzman has another list of celebrities and their Super Bowl picks.
- PGA star Tiger Woods: Denver
- Burnsville native, Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn: Denver
- Actress Kate Hudson: Denver
- Actress and Minnesota native Jessica Biel: Denver
- Actor Don Cheadle: Denver
- Grammy winner Macklemore: Seattle
- Hip-hop star Sir Mix-A-Lot: Seattle
- Politician Sarah Palin: Seattle
According to Huffington Post, a couple of manatees – Hugh and Buffett – predicted the winner. Hugh picked the Seahawks while Buffett went with the Broncos. Buffett has picked the correct winner six of the last seven years.
In a related story, an ape in Utah has one-upped the manatee by picking the correct winner six years in a row. This year, Eli the ape is going with the Seahawks, according to CNSNews.com.
"Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" had six Golden Retriever puppies predict the champ by labeling dog food dishes with Seahawks and Broncos logos. The puppies ate from the Denver dish. Here's the video.
According to HollywoodLife.com, the puppies have a history of picking winners. They correctly predicted "Argo" to win Best PIcture at the 2013 Oscars, the Red Sox to win the 2013 World Series, and the Ravens to win last year's Super Bowl.