Jerry Kill suffers seizure during halftime of Gophers game


Golden Gophers football coach Jerry Kill suffered a seizure during halftime of the Gophers' game against Michigan State Saturday at TCF Bank Stadium, the Star Tribune reported.

Gophers athletic director Norwood Teague said Kill suffered the seizure while going back out to the field for the second half of the game against the Spartans.

Following the game on Saturday, Teague said, "I know this will bring up questions about him and moving forward, but we have 100 percent confidence in Jerry. We'll evaluate at the end of the year his health, and that mainly is for him, to continue to take care of himself, exercise, diet, eating right," the Pioneer Press reported.

Team spokesman Garry Bowman said Kill's vital signs were good and he is resting comfortably.

Kill suffered a seizure after the Gophers' loss to Northwestern at TCF Bank Stadium Oct. 13.

He was released from the hospital the next morning.

Kill and his wife, Rebecca, earlier this month said they were becoming national spokespeople on behalf of the two million Americans who suffer from epilepsy.

Next Up


Gophers coach Jerry Kill hospitalized after suffering seizure

Gophers head football coach Jerry Kill is recovering in the hospital after suffering a seizure after Saturday's loss to Northwestern at TCF Bank Stadium. According to the University of Minnesota Athletic Department, Kill was in the locker room when he suffered the seizure.

Coach Kill released from hospital after suffering seizure

University of Minnesota head football coach Jerry Kill was released from the hospital Sunday morning, the Pioneer Press reports. He suffered a seizure in the locker room following the loss to Northwestern at TCF Bank Stadium on Saturday. The team's physician told WCCO that Kill plans to resume his coaching duties on Monday as the Gophers prepare to play at Wisconsin.

Jerry Kill promises to quit if seizures affect coaching ability

Gophers football coach Jerry Kill says if his seizure disorder ever affected his ability to do his job, he would quit. At his weekly news conference, Kill said he was fine after having a mild seizure on the plane when returning from the Northwestern game. Overall, he says he’s in “pretty good health.”