Riley Tufte of Blaine High is the headliner name on the list of this year's Mr. Hockey Finalists.
Tufte, a 6-foot-5 senior forward with 36 goals and 60 points this season, is the undeniable top prep prospect in Minnesota right now. There's a good chance he's selected in the first round of the 2016 NHL Draft in late June.
In October, NHL Central Scouting raised its rating on Tufte from a B prospect to an A prospect, meaning he's a first-round caliber talent, according to NHL.com.
Tufte is committed to Minnesota-Duluth.
The finalists for this year's Mr. Hockey Award:
- Wyatt Aamondt – Hermantown, Defenseman
- Chase Ellingson – Breck, Forward
- Will Garin – Holy Family, Forward
- Cade Gleekel – Benilde-St. Margaret's, Forward
- Michael Graham – Eden Prairie, Forward
- Tyler Jette – Farmington, Defenseman
- Mitchell Mattson – Grand Rapids, Forward
- Luke Notermann – Blaine, Forward
- Casey Staum – Hill-Murray, Defenseman
- Riley Tufte – Blaine, Forward
Check out full-player profiles at MN Hockey Hub.
The 32nd annual Mr. Hockey awards ceremony is set for March 6 at the RiverCentre in St. Paul – that's the day after the state championship games at Xcel Energy Center.