The Timberwolves said when they drafted Zach LaVine that he was special athletically. It seems the the NBA's other rookies would agree.
The other rookies voted LaVine the most athletic in the 2014-15 NBA.com Rookie Survey. LaVine received more than 56 percent of the vote.
The Timberwolves selected LaVine with the 13th pick in the first round. His athleticism turned some heads during NBA Summer League play in Las Vegas.
He even pulled off a selfie dunk earlier this week.
It might also be interesting to note who was second in that survey – Cleveland's Andrew Wiggins.
Wiggins, the top pick in this year's draft, has been the centerpiece of trade rumors between the Cavaliers and the Wolves for all-star forward Kevin Love.
Between the two, they captured over 80 percent of the vote.
Which rookie is the most athletic?
- Zach Lavine, Minnesota – 56.6 percent
- Andrew Wiggins, Cleveland – 30.3 percent
- Aaron Gordon, Orlando – 10.5 percent
- Cleanthony Early, New York – 2.6 percent
Overall though, Canis Hoopus points out that Wiggins didn't fare very well in this year's survey. Here is how he rated in some of the other questions.
Who will be the 2014-15 rookie of the year?
- Jabari Parker, Milwaukee – 52.8 percent
- Doug McDermott, Chicago – 8.3 percent
- Andrew Wiggins, Cleveland – 8.3 percent
- Shabazz Napier, Miami – 5.6 percent
- Nerlens Noel, Philadelphia – 5.6 percent
- Elfrid Payton, Orlando – 5.6 percent
Which rookie will have the best career?
- Jabari Parker, Milwaukee – 45.9 percent
- Doug McDermott, Chicago – 13.5 percent
- T.J. Warren, Phoenix – 8.1 percent
- Zach LaVine, Minnesota – 5.4 percent
- Andrew Wiggins, Cleveland – 5.4 percent
Wiggins didn't crack the top 10 best defenders in this year's rookie class either.
One other interesting finding. The Wolves second round pick, Glen Robinson III, was second in "most overlooked rookie."