We don't blame you if you're nauseated by the constant NFL Draft coverage that has been ongoing since what seems like the beginning of time.
Oh who are we kidding, everyone loves the NFL Draft. Here's some more of what fans need to know before the first round begins Thursday night.
While the Vikings could very well trade the No. 8 pick to move back in the draft, the history of eighth overall selections is filled with stars. According to the Vikings, the following Hall of Fame players were taken eighth overall.
- Ronnie Lott - 49ers safety
- Larry Csonka - Dolphins running back
- Lance Alworth - Chargers wide receiver
- Willie Roaf - Saints offensive lineman
Recent history suggests the eighth pick has more potential to bust than boom.
- 2013: Tavon Austin - WR - Rams
- 2012: Ryan Tannehill - QB - Dolphins
- 2011: Jake Locker - QB - Titans
- 2010: Rolando McClain - LB - Raiders
- 2009: Eugene Monroe - OL - Jaguars
- 2008: Derrick Harvey - DE - Jaguars
- 2007: Jamaal Anderson - DE - Falcons
- 2006: Donte Whitner - S - Bills
- 2005: Antrel Rolle - S - Cardinals
- 2004: DeAngelo Hall - CB - Falcons
While it's too early to make any proclamations about Austin and Tannehill, the players taken between 2007-2011 were all arguably unworthy of where they were taken. Hall, Rolle and Whitner are the only players to have made the Pro Bowl.
Beware the danger of drafting a quarterback in the first round. NFL.com says the 2011 draft serves as a "sober warning" for teams thinking about drafting a quarterback with their first-round pick. Locker, Christian Ponder and Blaine Gabbert were all taken in the first round, and all of them have turned into major busts.
And lastly, check out this awesome infographic the Vikings made for the Draft.