Adrian Peterson says a report from FOX's Chris Myers that he became ill after swallowing chewing tobacco on Saturday is not true.
Myers, the television announcer during the Vikings' 28-19 win over the Lions in Detroit Sunday, reported that Peterson swallowed the snuff during a bumpy flight to Detroit on Saturday. The result of the said snuff swallow was Peterson vomiting and becoming ill, creating a situation in which his status for Sunday's game was downgraded to "questionable."
This embed is invalid
Peterson was originally on Friday's injury report and listed as "probable" with a finger injury.
Peterson, via ESPN video, said that he has no idea where Myers got his information, while adding that he's been chewing tobacco for so long that his body is immune to swallowing "dip."
So what caused Peterson's illness? Shellfish, said Peterson, who rushed for 98 yards on 19 carries, 75 of which came on a burst early in the third quarter.
Peterson had an allergic reaction to eating shrimp gumbo during training camp in 2012, and he believes the shrimp he ate Saturday may have had something to do with his upset stomach.
"Sometimes I love shrimp so much that I go against the grain sometimes. I always make sure I keep an EpiPen with me," he said, via ESPN.
Even though Peterson denies he swallowed chewing tobacco, Bleacher Report is
" target="_blank">having fun with the story anyway.