The Minnesota Vikings will take on the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFL's opening game next season, according to WIP's Howard Eskin.
Eskin says the game will be played Thursday, Sept. 6. The game would be played at Lincoln Financial Field where the Eagles will be raising a Super Bowl banner.
This game has plenty of storylines to make for a dramatic opener.
– Philly killed Minnesota 38-7 in the NFC Championship Game and then won the Super Bowl in the Vikings' stadium.
– Will Eagles fans throw beer cans at Vikings fans again?
– Former Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo is Minnesota's new offensive coordinator.
– Kirk Cousins will be making his debut with the Vikings.
– Carson Wentz might be making his first start since tearing his ACL in December. If he doesn't start, Nick Foles, who torched the Vikings and Patriots in the playoffs, would get the nod.