The NBA world is going absolutely crazy with rumors on the first full day of free agency, and with the salary cap all the way up to $94 million next season, teams are spending money like they're Allen Iverson in a casino.
Names the Wolves have been linked to through various reports:
- Kent Bazemore
- Pau Gasol
- Luol Deng
- E'Twaun Moore
- Kris Humprhies
- Brandon Bass
Both Deng and Gasol have connections to Minnesota through Tom Thibodeau, who coached them in Chicago.
Getting Bazemore will cost up to $20 million per year, according to ESPN's Zach Lowe.
NBA moving and shaking
Here's what's happened so far, per ESPN:
- Hassan Whiteside – re-signing with Miami
- Jordan Clarkson – re-signing with the Lakers
- Nicolas Batum – re-signing with Charlotte
- Chandler Parsons – nearing a deal with Memphis
- DeMar DeRozan – re-signing with Toronto
- Joakim Noah – visiting the Knicks today
- Bradley Beal – staying with the Wizards on a max deal
- Jeremy Lin – leaving the Bobcats for the Nets
For the record, Whiteside is probably the first player in NBA history to announce where he's going via Snapchat.