If you stepped away and missed anything over the weekend, we have you covered with the 10 best stories/game recaps of the last two days. Most of Minnesota's most prominent teams were action. Without further ado, here are the top 10.
10. Mikael Granlund of the Wild helped Finland beat Zach Parise, Ryan Suter and the U.S. men's hockey team in the bronze-medal game at the Olympics. The Wild is back in action Thursday against Edmonton.
9. The Gophers men's basketball team blew a 12-point lead and lost by 18 at Ohio State. Minnesota's NCAA Tournament hopes took a big hit.
8. The Timberwolves walloped the Jazz in Utah on Saturday before surrendering an 18-point lead in a loss to Portland on Sunday.
7. Gophers defensive back Brock Vereen was profiled by ESPN as he tries to follow in his brother's footsteps into the NFL.
6. The Gophers women's hockey team slapped a pair of 6-0 beatings on Minnesota-Duluth to push their unbeaten streak to 20 games.
5. Congratulations to The Blake School and Hill-Murray. The two private schools won state titles in girls' hockey on Saturday.
4. Twins shortstop Jason Bartlett said he tried to recruit former Twins pitcher Matt Garza, but it didn't work out.
3. The talk of the weekend at Twins Spring Training was top pitching prospect Alex Meyer leaving hitters in his dust. Apparently, he's really good.
2. Gophers star defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hageman impressed during weekend workouts at the NFL Combine. He tied for third among defensive tackles in benching pressing 225 pounds 32 times – 11 more than prized prospect Jadeveon Clowney.
1. Gophers football coach Jerry Kill received a contract extension and a raise that boosts his 2014 salary to $2.1 million.