The Minnesota State High School League is calling an audible to its state football tournament schedule.
The league announced several changes Wednesday because of the weather system that dumped heavy wet snow on portions of the state earlier this week.
The high school league says:
"A number of factors played a role in the decision-making process, including availability of site, availability of personnel, field conditions, ability to prepare fields and stadiums, minimal disruptions to schools and communities, and moving games earlier in the day as much as possible due to expected cold weather."
Previously the state semifinal football games were played in the Metrodome, but with construction of the new Vikings stadium underway, the venue is unavailable this year and next year.
Here is a rundown of the changes the high school league is making to the tournament schedule.
- The Class 6A game between Maple Grove and Eden Prairie will now be played at 6 p.m. on Friday at the Hopkins High School.
- The Class 4A game between DeLaSalle and Hutchinson will now be played at noon on Saturday at Prior Lake High School.
- The Class 6A game between Totino-Grace and Lakeville North will start an hour earlier at 6 p.m.
- The Class 5A game between Spring Lake Park and Simley will start at 3 p.m. on Saturday at Hopkins High School.
- The Class 4A game between Becker and Stewartville will be start at noon on Saturday at the Osseo High School.
- The Class 3A game between Pierz and Rochester Lourdes will start at 5 p.m. Saturday at St. Cloud State University.
- The Class A game between Dawson-Boyd and Minneapolis North will start at noon on Saturday at the Hopkins High School.
- The Class A game between Minneota and Braham has been moved to 3 p.m. on Saturday at the Prior Lake High School.
- The Class 9-Man game between Edgerton/Ellsworth and Norman County East/Ulen-Hitterdal will be played at noon on Friday at St. Cloud State University.
The State Championship games are scheduled for Nov. 21 and 22 at TCF Bank Stadium.