The Vikings remained in the post season chase by beating the Jacksonville Jaguars 25-16 on Sunday. Now, attention immediately turns to the visiting Indianapolis Colts.
Even then, the odds are long that the purple can reach the playoffs.
Minnesota needed help yesterday but didn't get it with the Giants, Lions, Buccaneers, Redskins and Packers all winning their games.
If the teams positioned ahead of the Vikings continue to win the final three games of the regular season, the Vikings mid-season swoon will cost them a return trip to the playoffs.
Here's the playoff standings entering Week 15 of the NFL and the remaining schedule for teams ahead of Minnesota in the playoff hunt.
- Giants: 8-4
- Buccaneers: 8-5
- Redskins: 7-5-1
- Vikings: 7-6
- Packers: 7-6
- Lions: at Giants/at Cowboys/Packers
- Packers: at Bears/Vikings/at Lions
- Vikings: vs. Colts/at Packers/Bears
- Falcons: 49ers/at Panthers/Saints
- Bucs: at Cowboys/at Saints/Panthers
- Redskins: Panthers/at Bears/Gaints
- Giants: Lions/at Eagles/at Redskins
- Redskins Panthers/at Bears/Giants