Another entertaining weekend of sports is in the books and we have you covered if you missed any of the best games and stories. Without further ado, these were the top 10 items of the weekend.
10. The Wild went to San Jose and lost to the Sharks in overtime on Saturday.
9. After beating the Warriors on Friday, the Timberwolves turned around and got thumped by the Trail Blazers on Saturday.
8. From a school shooting in Cold Spring to his time with the Gophers all the way to the Super Bowl, the New York Post did a feature story on Broncos wide receiver Eric Decker.
7. Although it's unlikely Adrian Peterson is traded by the Vikings, ESPN's Ben Goessling writes that Peterson isn't a lock to stay in a purple uniform.
6. Minnesotans are a little more than one week removed from the Hockey City Classic, but outdoor hockey in Los Angeles made for some incredible photos. The Ducks beat the Kings at Dodger Stadium.
5. Vikings fans may not want to see this, but a man put up a "Keep Johnny Football" billboard in Houston to remind the Texans whom they should draft with the No. 1 overall pick. The Vikings need a quarterback, and they pick eighth.
4. Malik Smith tied a team record with eight 3-pointers, but the Gophers lost at Nebraska, 82-78.
3. The Gophers men's hockey team won the inaugural North Star College Cup by beating St. Cloud State and Minnesota Duluth.
2. The highlight of TwinsFest was prospect Miguel Sano unveiling his plan to hit 45-55 home runs this season.
1. In a truly exciting twist, the Class 2A Minnesota boy's state hockey tournament will feature the play-by-play voice of the great Gary Thorne. Get ready for sounds of hockey like this: