The Vikings opened a three-day rookie minicamp Friday morning and first-round pick Laquon Treadwell practiced without inking a rookie contract with the Vikings.
According to the Pioneer Press, the wide receiver from Ole Miss signed an injury protection agreement and a contract will soon be worked out. The rookie pay scale for first-round wide receivers is a four-year deal (with a fifth year team option) for $9.9 million and a $5.4 million signing bonus.
The rookie receiver was graded out by experts as a top 10 pick but slid in the draft after concerns about his speed. He ran a 4.63-second 40-yard dash at Ole Miss' pro day.
6 rookies sign
The Vikings announced rookie deals were signed six others on Friday.
- 2nd-round pick: Mackensie Alexander – CB
- 4th-round pick: Willie Beavers – G
- 5th-round pick: Kentrell Brothers – LB
- 6th-round pick: David Morgan – TE
- 7th-round pick: Stephen Weatherly – DE
- 7th-round pick: Jayron Kearse – S
Moritz Boehringer, the German wide receiver drafted in the sixth round, agreed to a contract shortly after the draft.