Justin Verlander struck out 10 in 7.1 innings to lead the Tigers over the Twins by a score of 6-3 Wednesday in Detroit.
The win gives the Tigers the series sweep, and it's the eighth time the Twins (10-29) have been swept this season.
- Verlander is the 75th pitcher in MLB history to reach 2,000 strikeouts
- Twins are 0-17 against the Tigers, Royals and White Sox
- Twins committed 3 errors (Nolasco, Rosario, Sano)
- Ricky Nolasco gave up 4 runs (2 earned) in just 5 innings
- Trevor Plouffe drove in 2 with a single in the eighth
- Joe Mauer is hitting .143 (7 for 49) in his last 14 games.
The Twins open a homestand on Thursday with the first of four games against the Toronto Blue Jays.