It wasn't the start to the offseason the Minnesota Vikings were looking for. Another Vikings player is in trouble with the law.
Goessling notes that Price is scheduled for a Feb. 9th court date.
Hennepin County jail records show Price was arrested at 4:41 a.m. on Dec. 29 and was charged with one count of fourth degree DWI. He was released without bail later that morning.
Goessling notes that Price was the fifth Vikings player to be arrested or cited in 2014.
- Jan. 1, 2014 – Linebacker Erin Henderson was arrested for DWI
- July, 2014 – Wide receiver Jerome Simpson was cited for drunken driving
- Sept. 12, 2014 – Running back Adrian Peterson was arrested for reckless injury of a child.
- Oct. 5, 2014 – Defensive tackle Tom Johnson was arrested for trespassing, disorderly conduct and interfering with a peace officer outside of a Minneapolis steakhouse.
- Dec. 29, 2014 – Cornerback Jabari Price was arrested for DWI
According to the Daily Norseman, it could be interesting to see how the Vikings handle Price's situation given the news the team has made off-the-field over the last year.
Johnson remained with the Vikings through the end of the regular season. While Peterson hasn't played since his arrest. He was originally placed on the commissioner's exempt list and has since been suspended. The Vikings released both Henderson and Simpson shortly after their arrests.