UPDATE: The Vikings are agreeing to a contract with former Detroit Lions offensive tackle Riley Reiff, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Reiff is considered one of the five best free-agent offensive tackles and he's an immediate upgrade to what Minnesota rolled out last season with the likes of T.J. Clemmings, Matt Kalil, who signed with Carolina, and Jeremiah Sirles.
More to come.
Read the original story below.
Plenty of deals are already in place thanks to the league's two-day tampering period. So far, however, none of them are with the Vikings, although ESPN's Josina Anderson expects the Vikings to pursue former Seahawks and Broncos left tackle, Russell Okung. Teams can't contact Okung until 3 p.m. because he doesn't have an agent.
Here are the key updates on o-linemen so far today.
Here are 10 best free-agent tackles and guards, according to Walter Football. A line through the player's name means they've reportedly signed or are close to signing somewhere else.
- Andrew Whitworth, Bengals, 35
- Russell Okung, Broncos, 28
- Ricky Wagner, Ravens, 27
- Kelvin Beachum, Jaguars, 28
- Riley Reiff, Lions, 28
- Ty Nsekhe, Redskins, 31 (restricted)
- Ryan Clady, Jets, 31
- Sebastian Vollmer, Patriots, 33
- Matt Kalil, Vikings, 28
- Austin Pasztor, Browns, 26
- Kevin Zeitler, Bengals, 27
- Andrew Norwell, Panthers, 25 (restricted)
- T.J. Lang, Packers, 29
- Larry Warford, Lions, 26
- Evan Mathis, Cardinals, 35
- Brian Winters, Jets, 26
- Ronald Leary, Cowboys, 28
- Jahri Evans, Saints, 34
- Mike Harris, Vikings, 27
- Patrick Omameh, Panthers, 26
Other names to watch out for include D.J. Fluker, a tackle recently cut by the Chargers, former Titans guard, Chance Warmack, and Packers center, J.C. Tretter.
Update: Tretter reportedly going to the Browns.
Here's what Minnesota's offensive line depth looked like for the final game of last season. A line through the player's name means they're no longer with the team.
- LT: T.J. Clemmings, Rashod Hill
- LG: Alex Boone, Zac Kerin
- C: Joe Berger, Nick Easton
- RG: Brandon Fusco, Willie Beavers
- RT: Jeremiah Sirles
Clearly, with how inconsistent Clemmings and Sirles were last season the Vikings some work to do. Also keep in mind that Berger will be 35 years old next season.