While playing in his second NFL game and making his first start, Diggs caught seven passes for 129 yards. Three of his catches went for more than 20 yards in the victory.
The 129 yards receiving was the second most by a rookie receiver in a game this year, only behind Oakland's Amari Cooper, who finished with 134 yards receiving at Cleveland.
He becomes the first Vikings rookie to win the award since Teddy Bridgewater won it in Week 13 against Carolina last season. Diggs becomes the first Vikings receiver to win it since Percy Harvin in 2009 during Week 8 at Green Bay.
Vikings Rookies Named Pepsi Rookie of the Week
- 2004: Mewelde Moore – Week 7 vs. Tennessee
- 2007: Adrian Peterson – Week 6 vs. Chicago
- 2007: Adrian Peterson – Week 9 vs. San Diego
- 2009: Percy Harvin – Week 7 at Pittsburgh
- 2009: Percy Harvin – Week 8 at Green Bay
- 2014: Teddy Bridgewater – Week 4 vs. Atlanta
- 2014: Teddy Bridgewater – Week 13 vs. Carolina
- 2015: Stefon Diggs – Week 6 vs. Kansas City
The news comes a day after Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner asked fans to stay grounded with their expectations for the fifth round draft pick out of Maryland.
But it's hard not to notice his 213 receiving yards in just two NFL games. Bridgewater won the Pepsi Rookie of the Year last year, do the Vikings have another candidate on their hands?
"That's far, far away," Diggs told the Pioneer Press this week. "We'll talk about that at the end of the year."