Consider this more of a public service announcement than anything, but you can stroll down to CHS Field – the brand new St. Paul Saints stadium – and watch the Minnesota Wild season opener on the big screen at the ballpark Thursday night. (Make sure to read our mini season preview beforehand so you're good to go)
All you need to know:
- Admission is free
- Sit in the stands or bring your own blankets
- Lawn chairs are not allowed on the field
- Concession stands will be open, with beer and hot chocolate
- Gates open at 6:45 p.m.
- Puck drops in Colorado at 8 p.m.
- Donations for the Hockey Fights Cancer charity will be accepted
The weather is supposed to be comfortable, with the temperature hovering in the mid-50s during the the game, according to The Weather Channel.